Photo: Javier Domínguez
February 15, 2016
Dear LaGuardia Families:
It hardly seems fair to complain about the cold snap when we are, after all, in the middle of winter and on mid-winter recess. School is closed this week, but there many students here getting ready for numerous upcoming productions: the Black History Cabaret Roots: The Fight for Unity, the opera and the upcoming SDFs (Spring Drama Festival plays). Work is always under way at LaGuardia, though most of that work can be fun.
Did we just say fun? We’ve got lots of fun in store for you with our upcoming fundraising events! We’re launching our online auction, which is always an opportunity to get entertaining and enjoyable items for bidding. We’ve also got a great night of comedy and music coming up this June for our school benefit. Stay tuned for more details.
In the meantime, we need to get donations for the auction. For great ideas of things to donate click here
Here’s our challenge to the LaGuardia Community:
While on break, please take a donation form
and ask just one restaurant or business that you frequent for a donation to the LaGuardia High School Annual Fundraising Auction. Or, you can send one email and attach the donation form
and fundraising letter
. The first 25 donations will receive our NEW Proud Supporter of aLaGuardia Tote
Kelly Edelstein and Kim Petersen
February 15-19: Mid-Winter Recess. No School.
February 22: School Resumes.
February 24: Junior College Meeting II: Planning for College. 6 p.m.-8 p.m. in the Little Flower Theater. Parents and Students are invited.
Black History Cabaret: Roots: The Fight for Unity.
7:30 p.m. Tickets for this show and the upcoming Senior Jazz performance are available here
Please note: There is NO Academic Forum Meeting this month. The next meeting will be held on March 14th.
Get a Clean Closet and
Earn Money for LaGuardia Arts!
It’s not too late! Make sure you’ve signed up to receive your Schoola bag.
By cleaning out your closet and putting a sweater and a coat into one of these prepaid bags, you’re helping to raise money for LaGuardia. You can do this multiple times, so if you’ve sent it a bag earlier, click the link
and get a new one!
Here is how it works:
- Request a free Schoola Bag from our Schoola page at bit.ly/LaGuardiaSchoola(case sensitive).
- Fill the bag with gently-used children, teen and women’s clothing. Drop filled bags in the mail or at any United States Post Office, no postage necessary.
- What to Donate: Clean, like new or nearly new infant, children’s and women’s clothing, top and well-known brands, shoes (no scuffs or smell), boots, hats, scarves and gloves/mittens, halloween costumes, handbags and accessories
- What Not to Donate: men’s clothing, signs of wear, socks and undergarments, missing labels, altered clothing, offensive language or content, counterfeit items
- Follow our progress and spread the word to family and friends through our Schoola web page bit.ly/LaGuardiaSchoola (case sensitive). The more people that know about us the more our school benefits!
- Schoola will sort, photograph and sell our clothing at their online store and give 40% of the proceeds to our school! Visit www.schoola.com to learn more and find adorable clothes at amazing savings from schools all over the country.
For more information about the LaGuardia PA Schoola
program, click here
|RISING STARS PHOTOS
If you like the Rising Stars
production photos at the top of this newsletter and at right, there are many more available from photographer Javier Domínguez
at this website
On behalf of the photographer, we ask that if you download any of these beautiful photos, that you please make a contribution
to the All-School Appeal
or to your studio.
Can you contribute to the Online Auction Donations?
Can you help us to solicit donations?
Stay in the LaG Loop:
We try to reach as many LaGuardia parents as possible. If you know a parent who is not getting these emails, please spread the word. Have them sign up by going to www.laguardiahs.org/emailsignup.
Fill out all of the information needed and make sure you click the LaGuardia Families list and your student’s studio list. Fill out all of the information requested for LaGuardia Families (put in the studio and graduation year of the student or you will NOT get emails from your studio or for your student’s specific year – for example, college news for seniors).
Don’t forget to make your contributions to the
All-School Appeal and to your Studio!
Every dollar goes to support our students
and we need everyone to pitch in.
and do it today!
Prefer to pay by check or money order?
and download the form to pay by mail.