School Begins September 4, 2014
In order to ensure a successful start of the new school year, please take a moment to review the info below:
First Day of School: Reporting Times
All students report to school on Thursday, September 4. Students new to LaGuardia report at 8:15 AM to the Concert Hall for a short orientation. Returning students report at 9:00 AM to the OP listed below. (More than likely, this is the same OP you were assigned last school year.) All students will attend a full day of classes. As such, you should bring your school ID, your lock to place on your assigned locker, as well as any supplies needed to do classwork.
Day #1 of Classes: September 4, 2014
All Freshmen report to school to the Concert Hall at 8:15 AM for a short orientation, followed by OP.
For the first day only, OPs will meet from 8:45 AM – 9:15 AM to facilitate the distribution of the following materials:
- Student Programs with program change information
- Metro Cards
- Lunch Applications (the signed application is due back the next day)
- La! Weekly Bulletin a.k.a. The Yellow Sheet
- Student Planners
Following the OP, students will follow the special Opening Day bell schedule listed below:
Opening Day Bell Schedule
OP 8:45 AM – 9:15 AM
1 9:19 AM – 9:56 AM
2 10:00 AM – 10:37 AM
3 10:41 AM – 11:18 AM
4 11:22 AM – 11:59 AM
5 12:03 PM – 12:40 PM
6 12:44 PM – 1:21 PM
7 1:25 PM – 2:02 PM
8 2:06 PM – 2:43 PM
9 2:47 PM – 3:24 PM
10 3:28 PM – 4:05 PM
Please note: Students will be dismissed at 3:24 PM pm or 4:05 PM on day #1 as determined by the program they receive in their OP.
Day #2 of Classes: September 5, 2014
Beginning day #2, students will follow a Regular bell schedule. Starting and dismissal times on the second day of classes (and thereafter) will be determined by a student’s individual program. Changes in daily bell schedules will be announced in advance in our Weekly Bulletin (Yellow Sheet) distributed every Friday.
Friday we will be following a Regular Bell Schedule:
1 8:00 – 8:45
2 8:49 – 9:34
3 9:38 – 10:26
4 10:30 – 11:15
5 11:19 – 12:04
6 12:08 – 12:53
7 12:57 – 1:42
8 1:46 – 2:31
9 2:35 – 3:20
10 3:24 – 4:09
We are pleased to announce that our school is using the “PupilPath” website to bring you immediate information regarding your child’s education.
PupilPath allows you to view the following:
- Your child’s assignments and projects along with due dates.
- Your child’s performance in each class including homework, classwork, tests and projects.
- Progress reports from teachers throughout the school year.
- Handouts and assignments when your child is absent from school.
- Your child’s transcripts and graduation eligibility status.
- School announcements, new calendar listings and upcoming events
- Your child’s attendance in some classrooms.
We hope that by enabling you to see this information on a daily basis we will be able to work together to ensure that our children remain on track in every class. As we work together we will ensure that our students get the most out of their education.
To register for PupilPath go to www.laguardiahs.org. Click the “Login” button located at the top left corner. Then select “PupilPath.” At the “PupilPath” screen, click “Parents Register” if you are a parent or “Student Register” if you are a student. Then complete the following:
- Your email address (required for Parents, optional for Students)
- Your prefix (Mr., Ms., Mrs. or Dr.) (Parents only)
- Your first name (Parents only)
- Your last name (Parents only)
- Your child’s OSIS (Parents and Students)
- Your child’s date of birth (Parents and Students)
- The registration code (previously provided to you) (Parents and Students)
NOTE: WHEN ASKED TO CHOOSE A SCHOOL, PLEASE TYPE “03M485”. (Our school’s name is Fiorello H. LaGuardia.)
After clicking “Register”, you will receive an email with an activation link that will allow you to set your password. You can also download PupilPath to your iPhone/iPad devices via the iTunes App Store. Download the app to register your child and get notifications on your child’s progress.
If you have any difficulty signing into PupilPath, please contact our Parent Coordinator, Nathalia Castano, who can be reached at ext. 2235.