One of the most important activities of the LaGuardia Arts Parents Association is the development and implementation of fundraising activities and special events that support our children and the school. There are so many ways to help and so many opportunities to become a part of the LaGuardia community.
GIVE YOUR TIME
Volunteer at events and performances throughout the year
LaGuardia holds events throughout the year where we need parents to volunteer and help out. From auditions, freshman orientation to graduation, performances and event throughout the year, we need your help. It’s fun and rewarding to help and meet other parents at LaGuardia.
Fill out the volunteer form and let us know what you’re interested in (hospitality, food and beverage, communications, ticket sales, transportation, communications, etc.).
GIVE A DONATION
In addition to the All-School Appeal, every LaGuardia family is also asked to contribute to their child’s individual studio by making a Studio Donation (to Art, Dance, Drama, Music, or Technical Theatre). The Studio Appeal is for donations that go directly to support your child’s studio needs.
- Whether it’s ballet slippers, a trombone, paint brushes, or nuts and bolts for a new set, our school is unique and requires equipment and supplies other schools just don’t. The Studio Appeal helps provide our students with what is necessary for them to excel in each studio discipline.
- Studio donations are completely voluntary—they are not dues. And we appreciate every penny we get.
Public school budgets continue to be cut and continue to affect LaGuardia students. The All-School Appeal donations are used to fund school projects that that would not exist without your help. These are the types of things that the All-School Appeal funds.
- Graphing calculators, extra textbooks, a computer cart and computer, science lab equipment and supplies—just to name a few items.
- Funding for the college office and college fairs. Assisting students who need help with college application fees, testing fees, and other related college application costs.
- The audition process that allows LaGuardia to find the most talented and academically gifted students from all five boroughs in New York City.
- Daily planners for each student.
- Supplemental money for athletics. The PA was able to help our LaGuardia athletic department with repair or replacement of old equipment.
SUPPORT US ONLINE
Click on our Amazon web link, and you’ll be taken to the Amazon.com home page where you can shop as you normally do. Don’t worry that you don’t see mention of the LaGuardia PA – it looks and feels just like the usual Amazon website but when you shop using our specific link, the PA will earn a profit on your purchases at no cost to you!
makes it easy for anyone to help a LaGuardia Arts classroom in need. Our teachers create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.
A list of active projects is available at the right of this page, or click here to go to Donors Choose
Are you looking for the perfect gift – for a friend, a relative, a student or even for yourself? Go to www.charitybuzz.com/laguardia and place your bids! Items featured can include concerts, Broadway shows, private tours, master classes, apartment timeshares, restaurants, sports events and more!
MORE WAYS TO HELP
The Annual Benefit
Each year, we hold our Annual Benefit fundraiser. Some years we honor former alumni, other years we have had special “Light Night” comedy evenings (2016) or Broadway Singalongs (2017-2018). Each of these have been spectacular evenings featuring famous Broadway and television performers, famous La! alums and friends from across the spectrum of the performing and fine arts, as well as our own marvelous students.
Want to get involved in our Annual benefit for 2019? Join our Fundraising Committee! We meet as needed but we’d be delighted to have your help.
Come and help us organize the event for 2019!
Get a Clean Closet and Earn Money for LaGuardia Arts!
The Parents Association is participating in a virtual Schoola Clothing Drive. Simply by cleaning your closets, you can raise funds for our school!
- Request a free Schoola Bag from our Schoola page at bit.ly/LaGuardiaSchoola (case sensitive).
- Fill the bag with gently-used children, teen and women’s clothing. Drop filled bags in the mail or at any United States Post Office, no postage necessary.
- What to Donate: Clean, like new or nearly new infant, children’s and women’s clothing, top and well-known brands, shoes (no scuffs or smell), boots, hats, scarves and gloves/mittens, halloween costumes, handbags and accessories
- What Not to Donate: men’s clothing, signs of wear, socks and undergarments, missing labels, altered clothing, offensive language or content, counterfeit items
- Follow our progress and spread the word to family and friends through our Schoola web page: bit.ly/LaGuardiaSchoola (case sensitive). The more people that know about us the more our school benefits!
- Schoola will sort, photograph and sell our clothing at their online store and give 40% of the proceeds to our school! Visit www.schoola.com to learn more and find adorable clothes at amazing savings from schools all over the country.
We’re pleased to be part of the Fairway Community Partners program!
Community Partners cards will be available for distribution at each PA meeting. Make sure you get one! We can also send you a card via regular mail – just send your address email@example.com
Just use your Community Partners card every time you shop at any Fairway Market and 3% of your total purchase will be donated to our school. It is that easy!
To help us grow our donation even more, Fairway schedules a Double Day each quarter, when every dollar you spend counts twice.
For more information on the Fairway Community Partners program, click here.